West Coast friends! Visit Honey & Wax at the California International Antiquarian Book Fair this weekend, February 8-10 in Oakland. We’re cataloguing new books even at this late hour, and look forward to sharing Booth 517 with our bicoastal friends Division Leap.
On Sunday, join us for a panel discussion: Zamorano Celebrates 90: Honoring the Contributions of Women to Books and Book Collecting in Southern California.
The Zamorano Club, the oldest bibliophilic club in Southern California, recently issued a volume of essays exploring the historic contributions of California bookwomen. This panel, moderated by Kait Manning of Pirages Fine Books, brings together five contributors to discuss the project:
* Jean Gillingwators, editor and project coordinator of Zamorano Celebrates 90
* Judy Sahak, Librarian Emerita at Scripps College, first woman president of the Zamorano Club
* Jen Johnson of johnson rare books and archives on printer Lillian Marks (1909-1991) of the Plantin Press
* Brad Johnson of johnson rare books and archives on bookseller Peggy Christian (1915-1986)
* Gary Kurutz of the California State Library Foundation on bookseller Alice Millard (1873-1938)
The panel runs from 9:30 to 11 AM in the Skyline Room at the Oakland Marriott City Center. The event is sponsored by the ABAA Women’s Initiative, and is free and open to the public. We hope to see you there!